GPS Impact is hiring a Senior Public Affairs Strategist to join GPS Influence, our Strategic Communications and Public Affairs team. This position can be remote (pending location approval) or based in one of our physical office locations of Des Moines, IA, Kansas City, MO, Philadelphia, PA or Washington, DC.
We are a full-service public affairs and multimedia advertising agency with broad experience helping progressive candidates, advocacy groups, and organizations use integrated, strategic communications and advertising to achieve their goals. GPS Impact is uniquely set up with digital expertise as well as television media production, general campaign consulting, communications experts, ad-buying, targeting, and creative all in-house.
GPS Impact believes diversity is a source of strength. We aspire to be a company that welcomes each of our employees’ unique characteristics, perspectives, identities, and lived experiences. We aim for a work environment of inclusion where individuals can contribute fully and feel valued, engaged and supported to reach their full potential.
Strategy and Project Management
- Client management, including participating in client calls and planning sessions.
- Helping develop and execute multi-faceted communications strategies for clients across paid, earned, shared, and owned platforms.
- Managing multiple projects and content calendars to ensure client timelines and deliverables are met.
- Staying abreast of client-related policy issues and news developments.
- Assisting with the development and production of proposals and presentations.
- Deploying digital tactics to execute advocacy, marketing, brand awareness, and/or fundraising campaigns.
- Drafting blog posts and creating social media content and toolkits.
- Using social media listening tools and analytics to monitor the online conversation and evaluate the performance of digital content.
- Advising on digital strategies and tactics to achieve client goals.
- Drafting press releases, online and print materials, and talking points.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with members of the media, making pitch calls, and managing media lists.
- Monitoring media coverage and identifying opportunities for proactive media and rapid response.
- Assisting with planning and logistics for press and other public events.
- 7+ years experience working in communications for a public relations or marketing agency, non-profit organization, corporation, party committee, campaign, or government entity.
- Experience using traditional and/or digital media to execute advocacy, marketing, brand awareness, and/or fundraising campaigns.
- Understanding of message development and the media landscape, and how to communicate with different audiences.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- BA in Communications, Journalism, Political Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing client accounts at an agency.
- Familiarity with paid digital strategies, tactics, and platforms.
- Experience developing integrated communications plans.
- Understanding of digital key performance indicators (KPIs) and analytics.
- Fluency in Spanish.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: Senior Public Affairs Strategist. Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis. To learn more about GPS Influence, please visit www.gpsinfluence.com. This position is part of the collective bargaining unit (CBU) organized under Teamsters Local 696 and is a full-time, exempt position with a base salary of $90,177.00 annually. GPS Impact offers a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k) and paid time off. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
GPS Impact is an equal opportunity employer and believes a diverse, inclusive staff is a fundamental strength. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, social classes, religions, ages, sexes, genders, sexual orientations and gender identities. People of underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.